Eric van der Voort, PsyD
Hi there, I became licensed as a psychologist (PSY27892) in 2015, but have been working with clients since 2009. After licensure, I served as the only psychologist in several of Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital’s IOP programs. These included their Dual Recovery Program, Trauma Program, and Veterans Program. I was then recruited to work at the residential substance abuse treatment program at Sharp McDonald Center. In 2018, I left the comforts of my corporate job to pursue my dream of opening my private practice.
One of my other professional passions has been to supervise and train the next generation of psychologists. I have served as a Clinical Supervisor to master’s and doctoral-level therapists at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Sharp McDonald Center, and a local crisis house.
Outside of the therapy room, I enjoy playing beach volleyball and taking my dog to the dog park. I also explore the beautiful neighborhoods San Diego offers, one restaurant at a time.
- Psy.D in Clinical Psychology at Argosy University – Orange County (APA-Accredited)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Argosy University – Orange County (APA-Accredited)
- B.A. in Sociology with Minor in Psychology at University of Redlands
APA-Accredited Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellowship:
- Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy IOP and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy IOP
APA-Accredited Pre-Doctoral Psychology Internship:
- Southern Arizona Psychology Internship Center (SAPIC)
Graduate Psychology Trainings:
- St. Joseph Hospital Behavioral Health Services – Orange
- Argosy University Therapeutic Assessment and Psychotherapy Services
- Irvine Valley College Health and Wellness Center
- Sovereign Health of California – San Clemente