Dr. Eric van der Voort
- Psy.D in Clinical Psychology at Argosy University – Orange County (APA-Accredited)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Argosy University – Orange County (APA-Accredited)
- B.A. in Sociology with Minor in Psychology at University of Redlands
Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellowship
- Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital (APA-Accredited), specialities in Dialectical Behavior Therapy IOP and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy IOP
Pre-Doctoral Psychology Internship
- Southern Arizona Psychology Internship Center (APA-Accredited)
Graduate Psychology Training
- St. Joseph Hospital Behavioral Health Services – Orange
- Argosy University Therapeutic Assessment and Psychotherapy Services
- Irvine Valley College Health and Wellness Center
- Sovereign Health of California – San Clemente
Licensed in 2015 (PSY27892), I served as the only psychologist in several outpatient programs at San Diego’s Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. I provided treatment to individuals, groups, and families/couples in the Dual Diagnosis program, Trauma program, and Veterans program. Later, I was recruited to work at Sharp McDonald Center, a residential chemical dependency treatment program. In 2018, after much deliberation I decided to pursue my dream of opening a private practice.
One of my other professional passions has been supervising and training the next generation of mental health providers. I have served as a Clinical Supervisor to master’s and doctoral-level therapists at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Sharp McDonald Center, and New Vistas Crisis House.
Outside of the therapy room, I enjoy playing beach volleyball and taking my dog Bear to the dog park. I also like exploring the beautiful neighborhoods San Diego has to offer, one restaurant at a time.